Build the Right Saddle Pad for Your Horse
Choose your Saddle Pad Shape
All of our saddle pad cuts come with the CSI Flex-Plate® and are available in all of our size options.
The CSI Flex-Plate® Standard Western Saddle Pad
The CSI Flex-Plate® Standard Western Saddle Pad or Square cut saddle pad is the go-to saddle pad for most riders. It is the most versatile saddle pad in our line-up and it will work with almost any saddle.
CSI Saddle Pads offers some amazing custom looks for our Standard Western cut. Visit our Custom Saddle Pad Shop page to see all the available custom options and contact us today about starting your own personalized saddle pad!
The CSI Flex-Plate® Show Cut Saddle Pad
The CSI Flex-Plate® Show Cut Saddle Pad has a smaller footprint and is lighter weight than the Standard CSI Saddle Pad. This makes it concealable under a show blanket. Whether you’re a barrel racer who wants to show off some bling by using a colorful Navajo or a Western Pleasure rider who wants to use a matching show blanket over your CSI Saddle Pad, the Show Cut pad is the solution you’ve been seeking. You can also ride the saddle pad without covering it up, just like Sarah McDonald and Bling!
Currently only the Small Show Cut Saddle Pad is available online. Please call if you are interested in a Medium or Large CSI Flex-Plate® Show Cut Saddle Pad.
The CSI Flex-Plate® Round Skirt Saddle Pad
The CSI Flex-Rate® Round Skirt Saddle Pad is a favorite of gaited horse riders because it beautifully fits under gaited horse saddles and trail saddles including Tucker saddles. This saddle pad is also perfect for barrel racers and any one else who uses minimal or round skirt saddles.
Currently only the Small Round Skirt Saddle Pad is available online. Please call if you are interested in a Medium or Large CSI Flex-Plate® Round Skirt Saddle Pad.
Choose Your Length
The CSI Saddle Pad now comes in three main sizes for our Standard Western Saddle Pad. Previously we offered saddle pads in either our 30 Inch or 32 Inch options, and we still do, but we have renamed the sizes to better match the dimensions of our pads.
– Our Small size, previously our 30 Inch option, measures about 30 inches from the tip of the notch to the back of the carpet.
– Our Medium size, previously our 32 Inch option measures about 31 inches from the tip of the notch to the back of the carpet.
– We now also offer a Large option, and it measures about 32 inches from the tip of the notch to the back of the carpet.
Each of our CSI Saddle Pads are individually handmade, so your exact measurements may vary up to half an inch. Also, the backstrap measurements shown are the tip of the backstrap leather in the back to the tip in the front in a straight line. It does not follow the contour of the pad.
The names of the sizes for our Show Cut, Round Skirt, and Marcos Costa pads have also been changed to match this as well.
CSI Saddle Pads does offer additional sizes as needed. If you need something larger or smaller please call us at 1-660-638-4(CSI) to discuss additional options.
Choose Your Liner
Our CSI Saddle Pads can be ordered with any of our available liners. We offer our CSI All Natural Wool Liner in either a 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch thickness, our CSI Platinum Fleece Liner, and our CSI Coats Liner.
You can also call us to ask about our surgical grade Merino Wool liners and additional liner customizations for your specific needs.
Make sure you are ordering the right liner for CSI Saddle Pad
When you order a replacement liner it is very important to make sure that you are getting the right liner for your pad. Be sure to check what size and shape your pad is before ordering replacement liners.
– A small Wool or Coats liner will generally have white Velcro on top. It might also have a “30” or an “S” written on it.
– A medium Wool or Coats liner will generally have black Velcro on top. It might also have a “32” or an “M” written at the front..
– A large Wool or Coats liner will generally have black Velcro on top. It might have “T32”, “N32”, or an “L” written at the front.
– A Small Platinum Fleece (Combo) liner will have either a “30” or an “S” written at the front.
– Both the medium and large Standard Western (Square) pads use the same Platinum Fleece (Combo) liner. It will have either a “32” or “M/L” written at the front.
Need a saddle pad fit consult? We’re happy to help
We will happily provide a free phone consult with one of our saddle pad fitters to help you access saddle fit and saddle pad fit both before and after buying a CSI Saddle Pad.
To give you the most effective advice, you should be prepared to take some digital photos and email them to us at [email protected]
Here is a list of photos we like to see to evaluate saddle and/or saddle pad fit (To get good relevant photos, place the horse on level ground in an even stance.):
- A photo of the horse’s back with no saddle or pad. One from each side.
- One photo looking down the horse’s back from behind and above. Use a bucket or the fence to help get a good angle where we can determine if the horse is even or uneven behind the wither.
- Two photos of the horse with just the saddle, not cinched. One from the mount side and one looking down the gullet from the front.
Download a handy PDF of how to take the photo, click here